Frequently Asked Questions
Solvent Spray Gun Cleaners
(S10A, S20A, S40M, S50M, S100M, S300A, S700M & S800A)
Q: Is the Spray Gun Cleaner safe?
A: Yes. Pneumatically operated and designed with appropriate grounding, ALL BECCA Spray Gun Cleaners are safe operation.
Q. How does a BECCA Solvent Paint Spray Gun Cleaner work?
A. Designed with exclusive features proven, all BECCA models get a paint gun clean quickly and protect the air passageways at the same time. BECCA solvent units have the same basic tools on each Power Pistol, Flow Brush, PowerClean Compressed Air Quick-Disconnect.
Q: How many different models does BECCA have?
A: BECCA has 5 models ranging from a small footprint manual unit, up to a high production, multi-painter automatic unit used in most Paint Company Training Centers.
Q: How do I know which unit is right for our operation?
A: First determine if a Manual or Manual/Automatic is your preference. The higher the usage level especially on “crunch-days”…. the more apt you are to benefit from automatic “hands-free” models.Next, we suggest a candid appraisal of the real motivation driving your decision, some considerations include:
- Painter Efficiency (painter uptime)
- Reduction of Waste
- Ease and Simplicity of Use
- Ease of Maintenance
- Number of Painters
- Probability of Growth in the Near Future
- Lowest Possible Price
We suggest that you contact your Paint DIstributor or BECCA to review your operation in order to choose the best system.
Q: Are there any codes that must be followed for Spray Gun Cleaners?
A: Yes. Depending on what is adopted in your area, if solvents are considered Flammable and/or Combustible it is required to follow one of these standards:
- NFPA30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA33 Standards for Spray Application Using Flammable orCombustible Material
- NFPA70 The National Electrical Code
- International Fire Code
Q: Is there any special expertise required to operate or maintain the Spray Gun Cleaner equipment?
A: No. BECCA has four different training tools available: Our website at https://beccainc.com/ has training videos on each of our units. Simple operator’s instructions are supplied with every unit. Both printed operator manuals and large laminated posters with 9 photo panels and instructions in English and Spanish are supplied with every unit. Also supplied are laminated troubleshooting posters and periodic maintenance schedules.
Q: Are special containers to hold the solvent required in your system? Are they included?
A: No. Most operations use the container that the cleaning solvent is shipped in for both supply and collection. However, if you do not have these containers available, you can purchase them. BECCA has 5 Gallon cans and 10 Gallon Tanks available.
Q: How big is the equipment?
- S40M – 18″ Wide x 12″ Deep x 24″ Tall
- S50M – 18″ Wide x 12″ Deep x 24″ Tall
- Stand w/ Legs add 35.5″ to Height
- S100M -26″ Wide x 23″ Deep x 44″ Tall
- S10A – 18.5″ Wide x 23.5″ Deep x 41.5″ Tall
- S20A – 18.5″ Wide x 23.5″ Deep x 41.5″ Tall
- S300A – 15″ Wide x 26″ Deep x 42.5″ Tall
- S700M -26″ Wide x26″ Deep x 57″ Tall
- S800A – 26″ Wide x 26″ Deep x 57″ Tall
Q: How much clearance is required around the unit to allow for ease of operation and/or maintenance?
A: Very little is required … approx. 1 foot will be helpful. We recommend use of the flexible duct on the workstations (S700M & S800A) to give ease of access to the control area door on the top of the unit.
Q: Are equipment Installation drawings and instructions available?
A: Yes, and they are also always available on the BECCA website at: https://www.beccainc.com
Q: Where are the BECCA units made and where are the consumables and replacement parts stocked?
A: BECCA Products are made in the U.S.A. in Kennesaw (Atlanta area) GA. All consumable and replacement parts are available for immediate delivery from the factory in Kennesaw as well.
Q: How long is the Warranty?
A: 2 Year Limited Warranty … the longest in the Industry.
Q: Are Leasing Options available?
A: Yes! BECCA offers various lease options. Please inquire if you are interested.
Q: Briefly, why should I consider BECCA over other Paint Spray Gun Cleaners I can buy?
A: Some of the more important reasons are:
- BECCA products are always built to heavy-duty, long life standards not available from any other domestic or off-shore suppliers.
- Being made in the U.S.A., BECCA delivery and factory support is quick and accurate.
- We sell through the Paint Distributor network nationwide. We are one step closer to our users by avoiding the Warehouse Distributor channel.
- Our products have exclusive and proprietary features such as Solvent Filtration, PowerClean compressed air Quick-Disconnects, AirFilter/Regulators, and Powder Coated Finishes.
- Virtually all components and tools, including Adjustable Air and Fluid Flow Fittings are top-of-the-line, long life assemblies.
Q: Why does BECCA have optional Filtration available on the Solvent Spray Gun Cleaners?
A: To make the solvent used in the BECCA unit last an incredibly long time before it needs to be discarded. The exclusive SolventWash system has two replaceable element cartridge filters that greatly extend the usable life of the solvent. By processing all of the solvent through a 75 micron and a 25 micron filter*, the paint contaminates are removed leaving the solvent an effective cleaning solution for weeks, and sometimes months in the typical shop environment.*Note: Dual Filtration is available on the S300A, S700M & S800A models. Single 75 micron filtration is available on the S100M and as a field installation on the S50M.
If your question was not found Contact Us, so we may help you!